I hope you are all well and injury free.
The Essex Way Relay Race is on the 2nd September 2012 and I need as many of our men as possible to put themselves forward to represent the club. For those of you who have not competed in the race before it covers the 82 miles of the Essex way from Epping Station to Harwich Old Lighthouse in 10 stages. The route is mostly cross country and please find below details of each leg:
- STAGE 1 EPPING - CHIPPING ONGAR 7.5 miles 8am
- STAGE 2 CHIPPING ONGAR - GOOD EASTER 9.5 miles 9am
- STAGE 3 GOOD EASTER - LITTLE LEIGHS 9.5 miles 10.15am
- STAGE 4 LITTLE LEIGHS - CRESSING 10.1 miles 11.30am
- STAGE 5 CRESSING - GREAT TEY 9.4 miles 12.45pm
- STAGE 6 GREAT TEY - WEST BERGHOLT 5.7 miles 2pm
- STAGE 7 WEST BERGHOLT - DEDHAM 11.2 miles 2.40pm
- STAGE 8 DEDHAM - BRADFIELD 8.0 miles 4.15pm
- STAGE 9 BRADFIELD - RAMSAY 5.3 miles 5.15pm
- STAGE 10 RAMSAY - HARWICH LIGHTHOUSE 5.5 miles 6pm
For further details on the race please go to the following website:
Please can ask for all those who are interested in running the race to contact me as soon as possible as I am hoping to put together our teams a couple of weeks prior to the race. This will allow ample time for those who haven't raced their route before to trial it. If you have a preferred leg please let me know and I shall try to accommodate your request as best I can. As an added incentive, 30 club championship points will be awarded to all those who participate.
If you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact me and I look forward to receiving all of your responses.